Finding Out We Were Pregnant With The Twins

Before we got married, I told my husband I wanted to start a family right away. He was the total opposite like every other husband. He told me he wanted to wait at least one or two years. Of course I didn't argue so I got on birth control. In January a month after we got married the birth control started messing with my body so I decided to get off of it. My husband was scared and I was like whatever. So we went about our life together. Except, my husband started to become more baby hungry, which he doesn't like to admit by the way. We both just decided when it happens it happens type of thing. Middle of march I started getting really sad and frustrated because I felt like all my other friends and people we knew were getting pregnant. I wanted a baby and I wanted my baby NOW. Little did I know a few weeks later we would find out we were pregnant. My period week came along and nothing. Of course I was so excited to take a test. I took one everyday for a WHOLE WEEK. Day 7 of no period I was so confused, all my test were negative. I was taking first response tests, one after another. I thought something might be wrong? So I made an appointment with my OB. I decided I wasn't going to to take another test until I honestly felt like I needed too or got an impression and I prayed to Heavenly Father to help me. Later that afternoon I decided I needed to take another test but a different kind of test, not the first response test like I was taking. I went to the store and grabbed a clear blue test. My husband was on his way home but I couldn't wait. I took the test and sat down on the couch and talked with my husband. I told him I just took a test, he thought nothing of it because I took SO many tests that week hahaha. When I walked over to the test my heart dropped.
GUYS IT SAID PREGNANT
My heart completely dropped and tears started rolling down my face, I told my husband! I couldn't stop crying. I called my mom and told her the news. That night we were supposed to have dinner with my family so we decided to share the news then. Well in the middle of the excitement we forgot it was April 1st. APRIL FOOLS. We found out we were pregnant on April Fools. So of course no one believed us. My sister said " I'll ask you tomorrow if you're actually pregnant" Okay Carina haha. The next day I called my OB and told them I was pregnant. My appointment was in a few weeks which was perfect. We found out when I was 4.5 weeks and went in when I was 7.5 weeks. 
That morning of the doctors appointment I was so anxious. We walked into the office and signed in. Then my name was called back. Waiting for the doctor to come in felt like forever. I laid down on the bed and my husband was two chairs away from me. I said "babe, are you not going to hold my hand?" after I said that the doctor walked in. Mark just sat there and I was like whatever. Doctor starts the ultrasound, it probably was within the first 10 seconds I said to myself....great they cant find anything, there is not baby in here. Here is the thing, even after I took the clear blue test and it was positive, the first response was STILL negative. So of course for those three weeks I was like...am I actually pregnant. Yes Alicia, you were reallllll pregnant girl haha.
 All the sudden the doctor says, "There is a baby, oh and there is another one" EXCUSE ME???
I told the doctor he was lying and he said no, I don't lie about this stuff. You're having twins. TWINS! TWO BABIES! TWO FREAKIN BABIES.We were both so shocked. We started calling family and tell them. I couldn't believe it.

I would have never thought in a million years we would be having twins. TWO BABIES. I still can't believe it. We announced around 8 weeks, this was my husbands decision. I wanted to wait until 12 to make sure my babies were okay! Mark kept asking please please please. So I said a prayer in my heart for comfort and I just got an overwhelming feeling. I knew these were our babies and everything would be okay!

So we were so were so anxious to find out the sex of these babies. I thought it was two girls, my husband thought it was a boy and a girl, but wanted two boys. EVERYONE was like its a boy and a girl Alicia, your'e having a boy and a girl. Even his mom said that. I honestly started getting mad. I would love my children the same but lets be honest.....boys scare me....We found out what we were having at almost 15 weeks. My amazing sisters and momma put on a gender reveal party for us!


thank you to Megan Sessions for recording this amazing video we will treasure forever 
TWINS GIRLS COMING IN HOTT. Mothers instinct is always right, just saying!So I'm now 17 weeks along. Pretty much half way done because twins come at 33-36. I finally have a little bump. People tell me that Im small for twins, which i appreciate ;) Ive lost 30 pounds from throwing up, and have only gained one pound back. So Im really hoping Im all belly. I have bought so many cute things for them and can't wait to show you all.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram

Back to Top